Pages

01 August 2011

Roll On Summer

August is the last month of winter and I'm counting down the days to spring.  Sometimes winter can be a nice change.  You get to explore your winter wardrobe and indulge in winter warming food such as lasagne, pie and roast dinner.  But all of this gets boring fairly quickly and I find myself longing for the summer days when I can walk around in shorts and t-shirt.  When I can have dinner on the balcony.  When the first thing I do on a weekend (where I'm not working) is go for a dip in the sea.  I suppose winter isn't exactly a struggle here - Mystical Roo was out surfing yesterday whilst I sat on the beach with my book - but I've had enough.  I'm ready for the proper sunshine.  I'm ready for the spring.   I'm ready for the summer.  I guess we'll have to wait until September before things start warming up a bit.  I'm normally not ready for the sea until around October and even then the water is freezing!  One has to go through a few weeks of numb hands and feet before the sea temperature sorts itself out.  I'm already plotting which plants will be joining the clan once spring finally arrives and I'm getting excited because Rabby and Bear Z will be visiting for three whole months as of November.  So, lots to look forward to at the moment.  No wonder winter is dragging!  

2 comments:

  1. And in response, summer has now returned to S W France.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life is just one long summer (apart from the odd foggy morning)! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...