Pages

21 August 2011

The Little Yellow Chopping Board Suffers an Unprovoked Attack!

Mystical Roo is evidently very pleased with his new knife as he is taking every opportunity to chop at anything in sight.  Even if things don't need chopping.  Now the problem with this is Mystical Roo has become a little over enthusiastic with his chopping and has started to break chopping boards.  The other day he went straight through a big red chopping board and sliced the thing in half.  Now that's some over zealous chopping.  Arguably we now have two chopping boards but half the size of the original.  I'll try to focus on the positives here.  But what I can't be positive about is Mystical Roo's unprovoked attack on the little yellow chopping board which, Stalky fans may know, is my very favourite chopping board.  I only realised an attack had been made on the little yellow chopping board when I went to wash it up and realised it had a nice big crack running down the middle.  It hadn't snapped in half but it wasn't looking healthy.  And really you can't make two little chopping boards from an already little chopping board.  I was not impressed and though Mystical Roo looked sheepish he did think it strange that I had formed such an attachment to the chopping board.  I think the little yellow chopping board will be ok but to be honest he may never be the same again.  I'm thinking of confiscating the knife.  For the good of chopping boards I think I need to confiscate the knife.  Maybe now that he's gone through two chopping boards, Mystical Roo might tone down his chopping.  Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. How about one of those massive butcher's chopping blocks, on legs, for his next birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll end up blunting that knife if you chop too many boards. I like Cro's suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...