Pages

13 August 2011

Mystical Roo's BIG Birthday

Well I've been a busy Stalky these last few days unleashing various surprises on Mystical Roo for his 30th birthday.  I wanted to write about it, I wanted to tell you all but I was so scared that if I wrote something then Mystical Roo would somehow uncover the surprises before he was meant to.  The pressure I've been under has been immense.  It's quite possible that I've now fully lost my marbles.  But now all the surprises have been unleashed and I can breathe easy again and feel happy that the whole thing was a huge success.  So here's the thing.  We're on a very tight budget but I knew I wanted to do something special for Mystical Roo's 30th.  So about a year ago I started saving.  As we have a joint bank account I couldn't just store it like a normal person.  No, I had to store cash in my wardrobe.  In a sock.  Yes, a sock!  So over the year I've been snaffling a $20 here sometimes even a $50 there and stuffing the cash into my sock.  I built up a fair stash and was able to start plotting Mystical Roo's surprises.  There would be a surprise trip to Sydney with a stay in a posh hotel, dinner and a trip to see Mary Poppins.  After that we would throw a surprise birthday party for Mystical Roo.  There was much organising, much plotting and poor Monster Noggin had to put up with me for about four months as I agonised over every single detail.  We sneaked, we snooped and we fooled Mystical Roo right up until the end.  As you can imagine with this kind of intense Stalky activity there were a number of memorable moments.  Too many to fit into a single blog post.  So be prepared for the next few days to be filled with crazy Little Stalky antics.  For the time being I seem to have exhausted myself so am now plotting to crash on the sofa.  All this scheming can take it out of a person!

1 comment:

  1. Hope he had a supercalafragilisticexpialidocious time! Can't wait to hear about your tales.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...