Pages

26 August 2011

Little Stalky's Recycling Conundrum

I try my best to recycle everything that I can but I've recently started to become frustrated with the jars and what not that seem impossible to clean out.  Peanut butter for example.  That stuff sticks to the sides and simply won't move.  I even tried soaking it and it didn't move.  Peanut butter is possibly a little bit evil.  Mayonnaise can be problematic too and jam is just sticky.  Then of course you have to contend with mini jars that you can't get a hand into - well you could try but I think it would get stuck.  I feel like I need a little hose or something to shoot powerful jets of water right down into the jar.  So then I'm wondering, is it really worth it?  Because I know recycling is important but then so is water.  And I'm using a fair amount of water to just try and get the jars clean.  Which is the greater good?  Recycling jars or saving water?  Or should I just be putting the jars into the recycling without them being fully cleaned.  I don't know.  I don't know what the right thing is to do.  I'm in a muddle.  I'm in a recycling conundrum!

2 comments:

  1. Just imagine if your peanut butter jar was recycled and became a perfume bottle. Your 'Eau de Paradise' might smell of peanuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eau de Peanut Butter, hmm. I understand your dilemma. If it's too messy and smelly, sorry, it goes in the general waste bin.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...