Pages

31 August 2011

Wild Camels

Did you know that there are actual wild camels living in Australia.  When someone told me this I thought they were pulling my leg as I have a reputation for being easily fooled.  When I saw a story about them on the news then I thought it must be true.  The news doesn't lie.  It certainly wasn't out to fool me.  So, wild camels are just wandering around Australia.  Admittedly they're not exactly ambling down the streets of Sydney but there are packs of them (packs?  herds?) chilling out in the outback.  How cool is that!  Apparently not very cool.  Apparently they're a bit of a menace.  How can camels be menacing?  Are they going around in gangs or something.  Gangs of camels.  I like it.  But it just seemed strange to me because I'd never really associated camels with Australia.  I always pictured them out in the Middle East.  But apparently Australia is the only country in the world that has one humped camels that are wild.  This is what I'm told.  Or this is what I heard.  Woo freedom for camels!  

3 comments:

  1. I saw a documentary about these camels. They were released into the wild after some 'outback camel tours' bloke gave up working, and the rest is history. Would one fit on the Stalky Towers Terrace?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love camels, especially when they unseat overweight tourists who insist on trying to ride them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I should totally get a camel! He can hang out with the donkey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...