Pages

26 January 2011

Australia Day

It's Australia Day today and this will be my third one.  I must confess that I'd never heard of Australia Day before actually moving to Australia, but I've come to discover that it's day that celebrates all things Aussie.  It's a public holiday and a day to go to the beach, have a BBQ and share the day with your fellow man.  Or woman.  Or land dwelling shark.  We didn't do much with our first Australia Day, mainly because we weren't really sure what it was all about.  The second Australia day was more of a success with much BBQing, drinking of beer and swimming in the rock pool.  A most excellent day.  This Australia day is set to be a scorcher and I have plans of hitting the beach with Monster Noggin before attending Australia Day celebrations later in the day.  Poor Mystical Roo is still away in Brisbane and will be on the road all day, so he won't be getting the day off.  I've already decided that I'll have a beer on his behalf!  The town will be buzzing with activity today and there will be events running all day.  There's normally a ceremony at lunchtime and entertainment in the afternoon.  All in all it's a pretty good day and even though I'm not Australian I still very much appreciate the country that I live in so am happy to celebrate it with everyone else.  So here's to Australia day everyone.  If it wasn't 08.30 I'd raise a beer but right now I'll raise a cup of tea instead, if I had any milk, so I'll raise a hand.  Happy Australia day to one and all.  

1 comment:

  1. Happy Australia day! Hopefully we'll be able to celebrate next year's with you (unless I've been sent home early due to bad behaviour by Mystical Roo).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...