Pages

28 January 2011

Inexplicable Moo

Monster Noggin showed me how to upload photos from my phone so I'm pleased to present an actual photo portraying the wonderful redness of my chilli.  I'm so proud.  Ridiculously proud.  And I'm excited to be using this chilli in a dish I'm planning for Mystical Roo on Saturday night.  I'm also even more excited that Mystical Roo is finally coming home after numerous days away from his Little Stalky.  I'm having Mystical Roo withdrawal symptoms!  But last night he announced that he'll be getting a flight and should be home some time this afternoon.  Huge excitement!  And I'll be celebrating by treating Mystical Roo to a nice three course meal.  Yay.  But enough of all of this gushing.  There's something highly perplexing to ponder.  The inexplicable early morning mooing.  Early morning mooing!  Yes, I was out watering the plants at about 06.00, their watering being the first task of the day, and I took pause, whilst holding my little green watering can, to wonder why on earth I could hear a cow mooing.  Mooing rather enthusiastically too I might add.  And you might wonder why this is strange, what with me living in the countryside and all.  It's not like Australia doesn't have cows.  But I live right next to the beach and in the town, not next to a field as such.  And I've never noticed any cows living nearby. (As I write this the mooing has just gotten even louder and I can now hear it through closed doors and windows) Perhaps a cow has moved in next door?  Do the neighbours have a pet cow?  Have the hairdressers employed a cow mascot?  Is it not actually a cow but someone impersonating a cow?  And are they wearing a cow suit?  And would they appreciate it as much as I would?  Ah! Tangent!  Anyway, I've actually put it down to the arrival of the fair, which have set up in the showground, nicely blocking my view of the ocean.  But it's ok because I know it will only be for a couple of days.  Last year I didn't know it was just for a couple of days and I was distraught that a fair had decided to set up just as Bear Z and Rabby were due to arrive.  But thankfully they packed up fairly - ha ha - quickly and my view was restored.  Last year I remembered horses and ponies but not cows.  Do ponies moo?  I can only think that the fair have cows with them and that the cows are outside and mooing.  Possibly the only logical explanation.  Either that or my hearing is playing up on me again and what I think is mooing is actually elephants.  Pink elephants!   

2 comments:

  1. Inexplicable sounds are disconcerting (gosh, two long words in one sentence). Reminds me of the spooky saxophone music in the flat. Do you think your moos might be emanating from the infamous Kiama Cow?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...