Pages

10 January 2011

A New Member of the Plant Family

Unable to resist adding to my ever expanding plant family, I'm pleased to announce the latest addition of...drum roll...the strawberry plant! Yay! This latest addition was actually fuelled by the need to re-pot the thyme, who is growing more bush like by the day. I'm happy to let him do his thing so thought I would re-pot him in something larger and give him the chance to grow into the bush he so wants to be. He's now in a pot as big as the lemon tree so who knows what he'll do next. Anyway, I was left with the empty pot that the thyme used to live in so thought it was necessary to fill it. So Mystical Roo and I went on a little trip to Bunnings (B&Q type place), found ourselves a nice big pot for the thyme and went to choose a new inhabitant for the smaller pot. It was a toss up between passion fruit and strawberries but the strawberries won out. They just looked so damned cute. And I am partial to a strawberry or three. So I brought the strawberry plant home, introduced him to the rest of the clan and potted him in his new home. He seems happy. The thyme seems happy too. Everyone's happy. Especially Little Stalky, who, by the way, is very proud of her growing garden.

4 comments:

  1. It's all looking good Little Stalky. Trouble is, one strawberry plant will only yield 4-5 strawberries. But I'm sure they will be delicious! Just don't fight over them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can find one, I suggest a pucka Strawberry pot (with the holes all around). That way (as Sue suggests) you will be able to have several plants, and a good crop....And don't forget to replant all the 'runners' in another one.

    My BEST strawberries are all grown in pots. The ones in the ground (Lady M's dep't) always get eaten by slugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold on, what are runners? And where does one find a strawberry pot? Bunnings again perhaps. If I repot the strawberries I'll have another empty pot......

    ReplyDelete
  4. A runner is when a ripe strawberry grows little legs and tries to escape. You've got to watch the little blighters all the time...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...