Pages

23 January 2011

Little Stalky, a Car and a Horse

Oh the trouble a Little Stalky can get into in the absence of her Mystical Roo.  Yesterday I got stuck in the house.  Actually, although I was stuck in the house, it was totally and 100% not my fault.  I think all of the fault can be solely placed with my neighbours.  So yesterday I'd been drafted into work and on a beautiful, hot sunny day was moodily walking towards the front door.  I unlocked the main door.  Opened it.  I unlocked the fly screen.  Couldn't open it.  Why?  Because it was blocked by a horse and a car.  Oh yes, a horse and a car.  Ok, it was a clothes horse, but a horse none the less.  You see, the hairdressers use this clothes horse to dry their towels and what not.  They just plonk it outside their back door and the sun does the rest.  And this is normally fine, not a problem.  In fact, Mystical Roo has been known to bring in the horse if a sudden rain cloud approaches.  But being in the holiday season, the holiday homes around us are now being used.  The people who use the one next door to us park their car right outside of my front door and right outside the hairdressers' back door.  It's a pain but I guess it's their right.  So I can only assume that the hairdressers have put their horse out as normal, the neighbours have come back to find the horse in the way, in a moment of genius the neighbours have rammed the horse up against my front door and then parked their car along side it.  Well that's all well and good until someone wants to get out of their house and go to work!  And it wouldn't have been a problem if I just had my front door to open as this opens inwards.  But I have the fly screen too and the fly screen only opens outwards.  So what happens when you try to open your fly screen outwards and there's a horse rammed up against it?  The horse falls over.  But what happens when you try to open you fly screen outwards and there's horse rammed up against it but there's a car rammed up against the horse?  Not a lot.  You can't open the fly screen.  You're trapped by your front door, wondering why your neighbours are evil, cursing their bamboo tree, cursing their car, imagining calling work to explain how you've become trapped in your house by a horse and a car.  It's madness.  But I did manage to free myself.  I shimmied down a drain pipe!  No not really.  I don't think I have a drain pipe down which I could shimmy.  No, with just enough room through which to squeeze my arm I was able to grab the horse and shuffle it sideways.  Shuffle, shuffle.  Not the easiest of tasks but doable.  I finally managed to shift it far enough out of the way so that I could open the fly screen and exit my flat.  Ammy was waiting to drop me at work and I had to explain how I had become trapped in the flat.  A most peculiar start to the day indeed.  

3 comments:

  1. A call to the local cops explaining that 'you were about to give birth and couldn't get out of your front door owing to the arrogant behaviour of your neighbours', would have had the car crushed, the horse put down, and the hairdressers in court, within seconds.

    About giving birth, you'd simply have to explain that it was a false alarm. An easy mistake to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to put a sign up. "No parking - danger of land dwelling sharks".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...