Pages

13 January 2011

Little Stalky goes Grocery Shopping

In what can only be described as "not thinking things through" I have once again gone on a trek to Woolworths with plans of grabbing some coriander for my chilli, only to come out with a crippling amount of shopping that I then had to lug home.  Damn it Stalky!  Every time I do this.  I never learn.  I should have known from the weight of my basket that I was going to have issues.  If I'm struggling to get the basket around the store then I'm going to have trouble getting the bags back home.  Yes I needed milk but did I really need that massive bag of onions?  Not really.  I needed one onion.  I could have just picked up one onion.  But no, I had to go for the whole bag.  Then, with a bit of a thirst on, I was drawn in by a buy one get one free offer on bottles of grapetiser.  Not little bottles.  Big bottles.  So I grabbed them too.  I really don't deserve any sympathy for this.  Just look at the foolish decisions I make!  It's madness.  Utter madness.  I ended up leaving Woolworths with four shopping bags to carry all the way home.  Damn it!  I swear I don't need to go to the gym anymore.  What with walking to work, carrying shopping and whipping cream, I get all the exercise I need.  In fact, after finally getting home today I'm pretty sure my arms are developing little Stalky muscles.  Oh yes.  It was a mission getting home.  Once again I was dodging crowds of people oblivious to the small person crumbling under the weight of her shopping.  I should of course get out of their way.  But I didn't.  Not today.  I just kept on going.  Ha!  It's still ridiculously humid here so it was like walking home in a sauna.  But it was also raining.  I actually welcomed the rain and it's cooling mist as it hit my face.  The only trouble with the rain is it makes everything wet.  I know, shocking isn't it.   And wet block paving combined with flip flops is like walking on ice.  Then add the fact that I was highly unbalanced.  Not good.  I don't know how I didn't end up flat on my face but somehow I managed to stay upright.  I had a few hairy moments though.  Then, I nearly got taken out on the zebra crossing by some woman who stopped, waited for me to reach the middle of the road and then drove straight across!  I was shocked.  So shocked in fact, that I forgot all the weight of my shopping and was able to raise my arms in outrage before declaring the driver a dopey cow.  Yes, a certain rage can make one totally forget about the heavy bags.  But I made it home without slipping over, without being hit by a car and without dropping anything.  It was only when I was heading up the stairs to the flat that a bottle of grapetiser decided to make a break for it.  Luckily the bottle just rolled down the stairs and didn't do any damage to itself, to me or the stairs.  Such a relief.  It would have been highly frustrating to have come so far only for bottles to start breaking.  But all is well.  And now I'm back in the air conditioning.  I'll stay in the house until Mystical Roo gets home now.  Too much drama when I go out on my own. 

2 comments:

  1. Is 'grapetiser' another (wink wink) term for wine? I do hope so; it would be a sin to make anything else from grapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what the solution is don't you? I shall buy a leopard print model when I come over.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...