Pages

07 January 2011

Jazz and Blues in the Park

Last night I went to the Jazz and Blues night in the park.  It's an annual thing and normally draws a big crowd.  The weather was once again kind to us so Monster Noggin, Ammy and I went down at about 17.30 to snaffle ourselves a patch of grass.  We had blankets, picnic, wine, chairs - we were very organised.  When we first arrived the park was pretty much empty, so I had to ask why this other group then decided to set up within inches of our blanket.  Inches!  I've never understood that kind of behaviour.  There's a whole park.  A HUGE park.  Yet you have to invade my space.  I'm like that you see.  I don't like people in my space.  Especially people who I don't know.  Anyway, it was interesting to watch people set up from the groups with just a towel to others who have full on tables going on.  Tables!  I've now advised Mystical Roo that I too, would like a table.  I feel this is the type of thing you get practiced at.  You know what to expect.  You know what to bring.  I want to bring a table.  I want to dine in the park whilst listening to jazz and blues.  We had a nice picnic on our blanket though.  I'd whipped up the ever popular coronation chicken, Monster Noggin provided the chips and Ammy had a delicious selection of quiche, sandwiches and fruit.  Oh yes and we had wine.  That's of course very important.  The boys were absent as they were in Sydney watching England beat Australia at cricket, though they did make an appearance at the end of the night.  We'd saved them a few scraps.  It was another successful night and we spent three hours eating, drinking and listening to live music.  Once again this was another free event and I just feel so lucky that we get to enjoy this kind of thing.  It's so much fun.  The crowds were in the spirit of things and by the end of the night there was a good number of people up at the front getting their groove on.  Some getting their groove on better than others but still, you have to applaud their effort.  I kept my dancing to bopping on the blanket.  As much as I love to boogie around the house when no one is watching, I wouldn't want the masses to see my moves.  No.  I'm now looking forward to other upcoming events in the park.  There will be celebrations on Australia Day and then there's an actual Jazz and Blues festival in April.  Excellent. 

3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous can't wait for it to be my turn. This reminds me of when I used to go to the proms at Wilton House and we arrived with our trolley, tables chairs and of course the candleabra. Such fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barmy Army.... Barm

    Live music gets my vote every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep trying to persuade Mystical Roo that we need a candleabra but he's not convinced

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...