Pages

18 December 2010

The Chilli

Today I would like to bring your attention to this immense chilli, whose photograph I have included.  Look at this beast!  He's a monster.  I'm not even sure I need to write anything.  The photo says it all.  Ok, maybe I'm bit overly excited about the chilli, but I'm just so proud.  I'd never expected this plant to grow as big as he did and produce the chillis he is.  I suppose I haven't tasted them yet, but on aesthetic qualities alone I'm pleased.  I'm assuming this fella will turn red, but I'm not 100% sure on that one so I'll have to consult...something.  Or someone.  Maybe I'll ask the lemon tree.  He seems fairly wise.  I was chattering on to Mystical Roo yesterday about how my next batch of chilli con carne could use a fresh chilli.  Then I pondered how I would go about testing the heat of the chilli.  I know we bought hot ones so I'll have to guess how much to use.  Maybe I can test it on Mystical Roo first.  Get him to take a nibble and see what he thinks.  Anyway, I'm rambling.  My point is simply this.  The chilli plant rocks! 

4 comments:

  1. Break off the very end, and place it against your tongue. You'll probably find it's not too hot. I dried all mine this year, and processed them yesterday (into flakes). The fine dust flew everywhere; mostly into my lungs. I was coughing for ages. Beware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! How do you go about processing them into flakes? That sounds like a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When they're completely dry, just bung them in a liquidiser, and 'pulse' until they're how you want them. I started with a large pile of dried chillis, and finished up with a very small amount of flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to give it a go. Maybe wear a mask whilst doing it though..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...