Pages

29 December 2010

The Woes of Milk

Being the only milk user in the household (Mystical Roo opts for the soy stuff - yuck) I get stuck with both the bad bits of a bottle of milk.  There are bad bits?  Why, yes indeed there are.  I hate being the first to open and use a bottle of milk.  The bottle seems to be too full and I am totally unable to pour that first drop without spilling milk over the counter, over the floor, over myself.  This normally follows much muttering and cursing.  It's not too bad if I'm doing my cereal but if it's a cup of tea then milk is guaranteed to go everywhere.  Not only that, but I lack the ability to pour the milk gently and so a huge amount goes sloshing in, washing tea over the side of the mug and giving me the dreaded milky tea.  The other side that ruffles my feathers?  Getting to the end of the bottle and not being quite sure whether or not the milk has turned.  Again, with just my Little Stalky self using the milk I don't get through it that quickly, but if I do forget to restock and have a little bit left at the bottom I'm always unsure of whether it's safe to use.  Sometimes it's good.  Sometimes it's bad.  Very, very bad.  There's nothing more disappointing than taking that first mouthful of cereal, only for a sour taste to hit your tongue.  Then you check your tea and see the milk has gone thick and lumpy at the top.  Breakfast is ruined.  Horrible.  I prefer using milk when I'm halfway through the bottle.  No spills and no risk of a sour breakfast.  And I can't share this responsibility with Mystical Roo because he drinks the soy milk.  If he drank my milk then there'd be a chance he'd have to open it first and he'd have to use up the last splash.  Knowing Mystical Roo though, he'd pour that first drop perfectly and sniff out turned milk before letting it anywhere near his cereal.  Mystical Roo would not be thwarted by milk.

1 comment:

  1. I have a similar problem with tap water; especially when washing-up. So Lady Magnon is forced to do it instead; I feel awful.

    Barmy Army...Barmy Army...Barmy Army...Bar

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...