Pages

05 December 2010

Little Stalky's Late Night

I don't have many late nights.  I'm kind of boring like that and have a tendency to fall asleep in the corner.  But when I do have a late night I figure I need to catch up on my sleep as I seem to need a good eight hours to be able to function properly.  So why, when I don't get to sleep until 2am, do I still insist on waking up at 06.30?!  Come on body, we need some rest.  What are you doing!  I forced myself to stay in bed until 07.30 before finally admitting defeat and going in search of breakfast.  As I write this I have puffy eyes and am yawning but I know even if I tried to go to bed again I wouldn't be able to sleep.  Instead this will catch up with me some time in the afternoon and I'll be in need of a nap.  Who knows, I might even just randomly fall asleep where I stand.  I was actually hunting for my phone this morning, which I use as an alarm, to try and establish the time.  I then remembered that I'd left my phone in my handbag.  And my handbag in my locker at work.  Then I remembered that I'd forgotten to turn off the alarm.  So I have to wonder how long Fur Elise has been playing from inside my bag and how many people have cursed me for leaving my stuff behind, locking the locker and taking home the only key.  Lets just hope it isn't one of those persistent types, going off once every five minutes until someone tells it otherwise.  Lets hope it played it's tune, did it's thing and then went back to sleep.  I guess I'll be able to gauge the situation when I head into work to retrieve my belongings.  I'll have to see who's giving me evils.  Maybe it will still be singing away when I get there and then I'll know for sure if my phone has been single handedly infuriating the reception staff.  Maybe I should go armed with chocolate just in case.  If the phone is singing, chocolate for the staff.  In the phone is quiet, chocolate for Stalky! 

1 comment:

  1. You risk finding your phone 'super-thin'. A good hefty Sledge Hammer will silence the most annoying of gadgets.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...