Pages

20 December 2010

Dancing in the Street

Why is it that the strange people come out after dark?  Are they allergic to the sun?  Do they sleep all day?  Is it just a coincidence?  I consider myself to be a relatively strange person but I don't come out after dark.  My weirdness is out there be it night or day.  But mostly day as I get sleepy and can't stay up late so am normally tucked up in bed at night.  I think some of the weirdness I witnessed whilst driving home on Saturday night was probably down to it being a Saturday night.  You've got to be especially careful driving through a town on a Friday or Saturday night because there are drunks everywhere.  Drunks who lose all memory of the road and the cars that are travelling on it.  The pavement and the road become one and drunks are stumbling all over the place.  I had to stop a number of times to let stragglers stumble across the road and into nearby bushes.  That's what drunk people do.  They fall into bushes.  I've seen it happen.  Anyway, drunks aside, the strangest thing was the Billy Elliot esq teenager who was literally dancing his way down the street.  I had to do a double take.  He was on his own, he was on the pavement and he was dancing.  He was running, then he was leaping, then he was twirling - yes twirling - then he was dancing.  It was the most surreal thing.  It was like watching something from Footloose or maybe Fame or as mentioned above, Billy Elliot.  The thing was, he was actually pretty good with his leaping and twirling.  So I shrugged and carried on driving.  Who am I to judge.  If you're happy and you want to dance your way down the street, then why not.  It's good exercise I guess. 

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure you hadn't made a wrong turn, and parked in a 'Drive-in Cinema'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get it almost every night / When that moon is big and bright / It's a supernatural delight / Everybody's dancing in the moonlight ...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...