Pages

19 December 2010

King and Co Album Launch

Mystical Roo, Monster Noggin and I were out and about at the Jamberoo pub last night, attending another album launch.  I learnt my lesson from last time and selected a pair of my highest heels (faux snakeskin no less) so that I could attempt to tower over some of the crowds.  Actually, it boosted my normal height to a more average height and I was eye level with most people.  I guess that's a good thing.  Unless you're trying to avoid eye contact, especially with that crazy looking dude.  Then you could do with shrinking back to normal height again.  Anyway, enough about my shoes.  The album launch was for King and Co, who describe their music as a kind of funky, reggae rock.  We were there in more than just a "fan" capacity, armed with cameras as we attempted to get shots and footage.  Even I had a camera!  This time Mystical Roo had set it up to handle my shaky hand and penchant for stumbling.  I think I actually got some good shots.  Again, the shoes were a benefit to boost me above some heads.  I was irrationally concerned that the flash from the camera would some how put the band off, but it seemed not to bother them.  I took ridiculous amounts of photos from full group shots to close ups.  I even tried to get "arty" at one point and was taking close ups of hands playing instruments.  The band were excellent and really whipped the crowd up into a frenzy.  The energy in the room that night was incredible.  I even got pulled into a kind mini mosh pit at one point.  Ok, mini mosh pit is probably over the top, but there was much bouncing as we bopped to the sound of "Drum Song."  That is my personal favourite, I must confess.  I love the tribal sound.  Makes me want to skip around a bonfire.  But in a funky beach way, not a crazy yokel way.  King and Co has a lot of talent and I'm always awed by people who can play their instruments with such ease, often seeming to freestyle, listening to each other and collaborating to create mesmerising sound.  The band played their way through the whole album and also treated the crowd to a few new songs and then after that, various band members hopped up on stage to showcase their own work.  They were playing until about Midnight and the audience absolutely loved it.  It was a fantastic night and both the band and crowd seemed to be enjoying the experience.  Mystical Roo and I have our own copy of the album and we both give it a huge thumbs up.  If anyone is looking for a new band, you can find their material on i-tunes.  It comes with a Little Stalky recommendation!


2 comments:

  1. Um, excuse me, but could you explain to the dinosaur what a mosh pit is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of lots of people in a group jumping and dancing to music. Kind of

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...