Pages

11 December 2010

Update from the Balcony

I'm pleased to confirm that my plantlings are doing wonderfully well on the balcony.  I haven't killed any of them yet or anything!  I thought you'd all appreciate a photo of our little tomato plant, whose little tomatoes are now turning red and ripe for the picking!  In fact, we may well be picking them for dinner tonight.  I'm still having guilt over this.  I feel like I'm eating the plantlings.  Mystical Roo tells me to stop being silly and that the plants would want me to.  The chilli plant is also doing wonderfully well.  He's grown massive and we have counted up to 40 chillis on the go, 6 of which are going to be ready soon.  The thyme continues to thrive, the parsley hasn't given up hope, the rosemary does it's thing and the lemon tree is looking happy.  It's a harmonious balcony indeed.  I'm very proud of myself, even if I haven't really done that much.  I suppose I make sure they have enough water and plenty of sunshine.  I bring the chilli plant in if it's looking too windy.  The other day, in the absence of Mystical Roo, I even waded out amongst flood water to unclog the drain for them.  I suppose I do my bit.  And we mustn't forget that I say hello to them every day.  Give them a little poke and have a chat about the weather.  I think they appreciate that.  So I'm pretty proud of my little balcony style garden and wonder what else I can fit out there.  Maybe a coconut tree.  Too much?  Probably.  Well, that's all from the balcony update.  I'm off to work!

1 comment:

  1. Well done you green fingered Little Stalky. Enjoy those tomatoes (just make sure they're properly ripe before you pick them!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...