Pages

26 December 2010

Mini Christmas Miracle

Well, after forecasts of rain it was actually a perfect day yesterday.  A perfectly hot and sunny Christmas day.  And yes I was working but then, in a mini Christmas miracle, it was really, really quiet and I got sent home after four hours.  It was the most exciting thing ever and I got to enjoy the rest of the afternoon in the sunshine and on the beach.  I got my Christmas swim in and I was very happy.  I was even happier when a random wave knocked over a crowd of about twenty people (including myself) and washed them up the beach.  It was the funniest thing ever, especially seeing as everyone was just lying in the surf laughing.  What a lovely thing, to be able to laugh with perfect strangers, in the sea, on Christmas day.  So surreal.

2 comments:

  1. Barmy Army...Barmy Army...Barmy Army...Bar

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased you enjoyed your Christmas day. Sometimes the best days are the ones you least expect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...