Pages

13 December 2010

The Mysterious Glass

Do you ever question your sanity?  I do on a regular basis.  Today I'm being tested by the mysterious appearance of a glass.  An innocent looking glass.  An Ikea tumbler to be precise.  But why would this glass perturb me so?  Possibly because it appeared on the side and I have no memory of putting it there!  And I know what you're thinking.  Surely Mystical Roo put it there.  But no, he can't have done.  I did all the washing up after he'd left for work.  All the washing up.  So with all the washing up done, Mystical Roo happily packed off to work, Little Stalky alone in the house, where the frick did this additional glass come from?  I only noticed it when I went to make myself a cup of tea and I had to wonder why I had chosen to not wash up this single glass.  Then I remembered that I had washed up everything.  The surfaces were clear.  I'm sure of it.  Had I had a glass of water?  Not that I remember.  Did I forget to take my vitamins and needed something to wash them down with?  No they were taken at breakfast with a cup of tea and some Cheerios.  So where did this glass come from!  I'm sure there's an innocent explanation but as I write this I find myself glancing back over towards the kitchenette just to make sure it's still there and I'm not imagining things.  I can confirm that it's still there.  Still there and I still have no idea where it came from.  Did it grow little legs and find it's way out of the cupboard, using a a homemade ladder to escape the shelf and climb atop the counter.  It seems unlikely.  I know Ikea make some cool stuff, but walking glasses?  I think not.  Maybe the flat is possessed.  Maybe there's a poltergeist moving things just to mess with my head.  Or even freakier, not a poltergeist, but a real person hidden in the cupboard somewhere.  Maybe a gnome or something!  In retrospect it's highly possible that I did the washing up, found a glass in the bedroom, returned the glass to the kitchen for washing and forgot about it.  I am known for this kind of forgetful behaviour and wild imagination.  Still, you can't be too careful.  If there's a gnome hiding in your cupboards it's really something you want to deal with.  

3 comments:

  1. Ever since I recommended nailing your old washing machine to the front door (in place of your letter box), nothing seems to be going right. Maybe it's time to remove it, before it totally mucks up your Christmas as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That washing machine has powers far greater than I had ever imagined. It must be behind the 10 - 7 shift I have to work on Christmas day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gnome would look real cool sitting with your plant pots on the balcony. Maybe I shall buy you one...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...