Pages

14 December 2010

A Package from England

I do love a bit of snaffling and with Christmas almost here there are numerous snaffling opportunities for a Stalky wandering past her postbox.  I peer in every time I go past and am always delighted to see colourful envelopes with handwritten addresses.  Those aren't bills!  I've actually effectively managed to snaffle my Christmas cards without getting my hand stuck (although there was a close call the other day) and whilst leaving all of the junk mail at the bottom.  Mystical Roo would argue that this is pesky, but snaffling is about grabbing the good stuff.  You can't waste time with things like junk mail and bills.  You wouldn't get your hand stuck for junk mail and bills.  You wouldn't risk post box dwelling sharks for junk mail and bills.  Not worth it!  Yesterday I noticed two colourful cards in the post box but alas, was unable to retrieve them.  I was on my way to a yoga class and Mystical Roo was not yet home so I hoped he would return with the keys and rescue the cards.  When I came home the cards were awaiting me on the dining table.  But more excitingly a package was awaiting me on the dining table!  Christmas cards and a package.  A Little Stalky can only handle so much excitement.  And what was in the package?  A supply of fruit pastilles, directly from England and courtesy of Bear Z and Rabby.  And a note to brush my teeth.  Excellent!  I'm unreasonably thrilled with sweets from England.  Simple things, simple things.  So thank you Bear Z and Rabby.  That package made my day!  

2 comments:

  1. When I recently sent your Christmas present of 5 lbs of Maynards Wine Gums, I thought it would be fun to make a Boomerang shaped parcel. Unfortunately my joke packaging has backfired and it's been returned to sender (automatically). The eat-by-date says tomorrow, so.... Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I suppose it's the thought that counts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...