Pages

12 December 2010

Little Stalky is Having a Rant

Today I'm feeling a lot of frustration towards the stupid orangutan advert that keeps making me jump every morning.  And I mean every morning.  You think I would have learnt by now.  The stupid orangutan advert in question?  I honestly don't know what the bloody thing is even advertising.  All I know is that the TV will be at normal volume, even the other adverts will be at normal volume but when the stupid orangutan advert comes on the volume suddenly zooms up and I'm bombarded by the over enthusiastic singing, nay screaming, of what appears to be a "choir".  The reason it's the stupid orangutan advert is because every time I jump at the sudden racket coming from the television I am faced with nothing more than an orangutan's face smiling back at me.  Stupid orangutan.  This advert only seems to get me in the morning - maybe it's trying to wake everyone up or something - and every time it makes me jump before cursing and muttering at the stupid orangutan advert.  I immediately launch for the remote control to turn the volume down, but Stalky fans may know that my remote control is currently working against me and so before turning down, it will will turn the volume up first.  Gah!  Maybe it's just me that this advert annoys but if you ask me it's awful advertising, mainly because I have no idea what it's actually advertising.  It literally makes me want to switch off!  And whilst I'm ranting, after my musings on people not being able to remember the colour of their car, I'd like to confirm that yesterday at work, someone actually described their car to me as peacock.  Peacock!  He didn't miss a beat.  And the colour and make of your car?  Peacock Toyota.  Bloody peacock.  

2 comments:

  1. Maybe he meant it was 'Peacock' around the outside of his front tyres. Squidgy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a touch of pheasant round the wing mirrors...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...