Pages

21 December 2010

Secret Santa

Now that we're deep into the festive season we've just done our secret Santa gifts at work.  It's a little different to what I'm used to as previously I've pulled a name from a hat and known who I've been buying for.  Here we don't know who we're buying for and the recipient doesn't know who the buyer is.  It's all totally random.  We're given our $20 limit and sent out like lost rabbits to buy something for one of about twenty women who may or may not get your gift.  No pressure!  The pressies are then thrown into a pile before being distributed at random.  Now I like the idea of secret Santa but not knowing who I'm buying for proved tricky.  I felt no inspiration so ended up buying a rather nice box of chocolates.  I figure everyone likes chocolate.  So with all of us working varying days and shifts there's no way we're all going to be in at the same time so a few of us, myself included, missed the official present giving and opening.  Instead, my gift was left in my locker, which I discovered when I arrived at work yesterday.  That's a nice way to start the day.  With a present.  I decided I would wait until I got home to open my present and share the gift opening experience with Mystical Roo.  I actually got home at about 19.45 and then we had dinner so the gift opening did not commence until 21.00.  A bit late perhaps, but exciting none the less.  So I unceremoniously ripped off the wrapping paper and realised I had three mini gifts in one.  Very cool.  The first thing that caught my eye was the red on a small box of choccies.  Yes, everyone likes chocolate.  Then I saw a naked lady.  Then a semi naked man.  What?!  What could it be, Little Stalky?  Well, it turned out to be massage oil (naked lady adorning the back of the bottle) and a calendar (semi naked fireman adorning the cover).  I think it was at this point that I burst out laughing trying to figure out who the secret Santa behind the gift was and what had inspired them to offer such a unique gift.  I can see I'll have to do some investigating at work today and locate the saucy secret Santa! 

1 comment:

  1. I think I prefer the proper Santa. The last thing I want is a naked fireman calendar.

    Go on; chuck another prawn on the barby!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...