Pages

17 December 2010

Little Stalky Steals a Ladder

We had some computer type folk in the office yesterday, pottering around and trying to hook up our WiFi.  They were in and out all day and I wasn't really sure what they were up to.  I did know that they kept leaving their ladder in my way.  Right in the doorway to the back office where important items like the hoover are kept.  The ladder was positioned underneath a hatch into the ceiling, where various wires were hanging from a hole.  Ok, I see why the ladder has to be there but does it have to be there when it's no in use?  So, with Little Stalky on official hoovering duty I had to retrieve the hoover and get it past that damned ladder.  I gave it a go, I really did, but Little Stalky plus hoover were not fitting through the gap.  Even just the hoover wouldn't fit through the gap.  So I moved that ladder.  Oh yes, I moved that ladder away from the hatch and out of my way.  And then Little Stalky and the hoover were able to emerge and continue the afternoon chores.  It was only when I was returning the hoover that a colleague noted the removal of the ladder.  Did you move the ladder?  Yes, I couldn't get the hoover out.  Dude, they're totally still up there.  Oops.  Ok so the computer dudes were still in the roof and I had removed their only means of getting down from the roof.  My bad.  Actually, it was the hoover.  The hoover made me do it!  I'm not sure if they made attempts to escape the hatch whilst I was merrily hoovering away but I didn't hear any shouting.  I sheepishly returned my hoover and then put the ladder back in it's original spot, hoping that no one else would be the wiser.  

2 comments:

  1. I really envy your racey lifestyle. Ladder moving, strange glass appearances, snaffling for Crimbo cards. It's non stop excitement!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true. I do live an adventerous life. But it's not all fun and games. I'm tormented by land dwelling sharks and rogue washing machines.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...