Pages

03 December 2010

Little Stalky Goes Deaf in One Ear

I've already mentioned that I don't hear all that well on a day to day basis.  Well today it just got worse as I appear to have gone deaf in one ear.  Damn you ear wax!  Gah!  I was fine when I first got up this morning.  I think it was the shower that did it.  Water got in my ear - funny how that happens in the shower - swished things about a bit and then bam! clogged ear.  Not impressed.  It feels like, or rather it sounds like, being underwater.  It's like coming up from under a wave and not being able to shake the water out of your head.  I dealt with the situation by grabbing the cotton buds and having a poke but I think this only made everything worse.  Dag nabbit.  I'm sure it will clear itself up but as a person who already has trouble hearing I wonder how I'm going to get on at work today with the fridge of doom droning away and the expected Friday afternoon crowds, which inevitably involve screaming children, loudly chattering miscellaneous people and that person who speaks like a mouse.  I think I'll have to stick a post it note to my forehead or something.  Today, everyone, I can't hear out of one ear - ooh I rhymed - so please only talk to one side of me.  The other side will be ignoring you.  

2 comments:

  1. I just hate mouse like speaking people. I don't particularly dislike mice but then I'm not usually struggling to hear what they are saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I repeat what I said some time back. Find a doctor/nurse/surgery that has one of those new-fangled, warm-water, pulsating, ear-yuk-unclogging-thingies (scientific terminology). They work wonders!

    I'm SHOUTING this, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...