Pages

03 November 2010

The Album Launch

The other night Mystical Roo, Monster Noggin and I went to an album launch for a local band called Penny and the Mystics.  I've heard them play at a few things and they're really good; particularly Penny who has a wonderful voice.  The album launch was at a pub in Jamberoo where the band were doing a live set.  The pub is old by Australian standards and had a great atmosphere but my God it was crowded in there!  I'm not great in crowds.  I think it comes from growing up in a village.  I like my space!  City folk have no spacial awareness.  The other problem I have with crowds is my height.  And I wasn't wearing heels that night so I was stuck at 5ft 4 and was being towered over by most of the crowd.  It makes seeing things rather tricky.  But then there are advantages to being a little person.  You can sneak in through gaps and weave your way through the crowds with relative ease.  But the crowds were all very friendly and there was a chilled out and jovial atmosphere that saw everyone looking out for each other and making sure no one got squished.  I put Mystical Roo on bar duty so that I didn't have to fight my way through to get served.  He's good like that.  It was great to see so many people had turned out to support the local band who, by the way, gave a great performance and had the crowd bopping and clapping.  Mystical Roo got himself a signed album, or rather Monster Noggin got herself a signed album and got one for Mystical Roo too.  That was cool.  So it was a good night of music and hanging out with friends.  It might have rained - bloody weather - but it felt like part of what living in Australia should be about.

6 comments:

  1. I think I know this outfit. Don't they live in an old warehouse with just a battered sofa and snare drum for furniture?

    Jamberoo? Who dreams up these Aussie names?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you heard of Wooloomooloo? It's a classic. Oh and I live near Bong Bong street. Tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Little Stalky, It's Penny from Penny and the Mystics here. I'm not sure who you are but thank you for coming to our album launch and for writing such a cute story about it. I'm glad you enjoyed the nigh.
    Love Penny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are Anonymous, Penny, and Little Stalky one of the same? I think we should be told!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just for a moment I thought "Wow, Cro is really cool and knows all about Penny and the Mystics". Only for a moment though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you liked it, Penny. Keep up the good work; we love the tunes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...