Pages

28 November 2010

Plant Rage

I'd like to introduce you all to the latest member of the balcony's plant family.  The lemon tree!  Huge Stalky excitement.  I cannot adequately describe how excited I was to get my lemon tree.  We brought him home on Sunday afternoon and repotted him before popping him out in the sunshine.  I think the lemon tree seems happy in his new home.  I've introduced him to the rest of my plants and so far everyone seems to be getting on well.  No arguments or anything.  All is well in Little Stalky balcony land.  Except for the plants next door...I went to great efforts the other day to sweep and clean and weed and mop my balcony so that it was looking just lovely.  So when I woke up the next day to find the balcony covered in dead leaves again I was not impressed.  The source of this balcony litter?  Next door's plants.  Grrr.  They tower over the wall that separates our respective balconies and drop their leaves all over the floor.  Immensely frustrating.  My plants don't inflict themselves on my neighbours so why are my neighbour's plants inflicting themselves on me!  If they're not careful I'll have to set the parsley on them.  Get it to peer over the wall and give them parsley style evils.  Don't mess with the parsley.  Grrr.  At the moment my lemon tree might be just a few feet tall, if that, but one day he'll grow to be two meters high and then I can use my plants to defend the balcony.  Though knowing my luck the neighbour's plants will continue to shed their leaves and my lemon tree will shed lemons over the wall and into an awaiting bowl.  I'll get the neighbours tree trash and they'll get free lemons.  Doh!  

2 comments:

  1. Sodium Chlorate, step ladder, and water pistol. That should do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a cunning - if evil - plan. Mwah ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...