Pages

01 November 2010

A Sweet Surprise

Oh that Mystical Roo.  He knows the way to my heart is through my sweet tooth.  He returned home from work the other day with a package.  From England.  A package?  From England?  I eagerly attacked the envelope with extreme Stalky enthusiasm but still had issues getting past the sellotape.  Thwarted by sellotape.  But I was not to be deterred.  I got into that package and my eyes lit up at the sweets that lay within.  English sweets!  Harbio, fruit pastels, fruit gums and tooty fruitys.  What a wonderful day.  But then Mystical Roo questioned, what could be better than a package full of sweets?  Two!  Two package fulls of sweets!  Oh the sheer joy.  The elation.  The wonder!  It was magnificent.  Now I can't give Mystical Roo much credit for this as he was merely the delivery boy.  The package was actually sent by friends of ours in England and I had no idea it was on the way, though Mystical Roo had an inkling.  You've got to love unexpected packages.  Well, most unexpected packages.  I did notice that the first one had been opened by customs, which was interesting.  I sometimes watch the border security programs and see them go through people's mail and wonder what happens to it.  Well, they put a sticker on the front to say it's been opened and then put a little leaflet inside to say nothing has been taken.  Maybe packages of sweets going through customs looked suspicious.  No one can have that big a sweet tooth.  It must be drugs!  They'd actually removed the bottom bit of cardboard from the tube that held the bags of haribo.  Checking for suspicious substances no doubt but finding haribo instead.  Mmm haribo.  So now there are various tubes of sweets lined up on the arm of the sofa just looking at me.  Just sitting there.  Just waiting.  And on that note I have to go............

3 comments:

  1. My daughter-in-law recently brought me 2 big packs of Maynards Wine Gums. I put them all in a big jar and tried to limit myself to just 2 a day. Sadly the wine gum demon took over and they didn't last long!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those naughty sweet demons are everywhere, whispering in your head "go on, have another one, just one more.."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the wine gum demon. I know it well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...