Pages

18 November 2010

Jingles: Harmless Advertising or Mind Control?

I don't know what it is about the jingles over here but they're the most ridiculously catchy things in the world.  And not in a good way!  I just have to watch an advert on TV or hear one on the radio and the damned jingle is in my head all day.  Worse than that is the fact that I actually start humming, or every more horrifying, singing the tune!  That's just not cool.  And what's even worse than singing the tune for a jingle?  Dancing along to it at the same time.  And whats even worse than singing the tune for a jingle, whilst dancing along to it at the same time?  Doing it in the middle of Woolworths.  Oh the shame.  They play that Woolworths jingle all the time.  The dreaded "Fresh Food People" tune that is on the TV, on the radio, in the supermarket and in your head!  So when it comes on over the speakers whilst we're doing the shop it compels me to sing and dance.  Neither of which I do well.  But I'm not the only one.  Monster Noggin does it too.  I've seen her!  Together we must be the most enthusiastic Woolworths shoppers in the world.  Not only are we buying their stock, we're getting our groove on to the official Woolworths jingle.  What does that say about us?  That we need to get out more!  Or maybe the Woolworths jingle is just really good.  Or...Woolworths is operating some kind of mind control system via their in store sound system.  Simple jingle or complex subliminal messaging that results in shoppers experiencing a sudden craving for cheese?  Perhaps Monster Noggin and I are super sensitive to this kind of mind control and rather than reaching for the cheese we launch into a song and dance.  Could we have been subject to some kind of hypnosis?  Does just the sound of this jingle trigger something in us that has to sing and dance?  Or are we just the happiest shoppers in the world!  And why does Mystical Roo never sing or dance?  Too many questions.  I shall stroke my imaginary beard and ponder these thoughts.  We're due a shop soon so I'll have to test some theories and note how the other shoppers react to the jingle.  Take note of how many head towards the cheese.  Be aware of anyone bopping a foot.  I'll get to the truth behind the jingle and find out who the fresh food people really are! 

8 comments:

  1. haha i think Monster noggin and little stalky are just cooler than everyone else they dance when they wanna dance just let the music take you!!! haha weee areee weee aaarree the freeesh fooood people!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can't be as bad as brusher, brusher, brusher. It has taken me years of expensive therapy to get over that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you could offer your services as an 'Advertisment Jingle Testing Consultant'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I think Mystical Roo secretly wants to dance but is too embarrassed so he leaves it up to you!

    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're right Hazel, Mystical Roo has an inner dancer just waiting to be unleashed! I'll have to get him drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Cro, as always I like your style. I could get some work from my jingle dancing! It's market research the could prove to be highly valuable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why does the brusher, brusher, brusher always make me think of beavers. With big teeth. And a toothbrush...Is this a correct imagining?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, we can hear the "real" music where others can't. Maybe we should remix the jingle. It could become a club anthem.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...