Pages

23 November 2010

Little Stalky gets a Library Bag

I am now the proud owner of my very own library bag.  An official book carrying carrier.  A literature moving device.  A novel, novel mover.  And I'm excessively excited.  I feel like a proper library goer now and whether that brands me as a geek - not for the first time in my life - I don't care.  My library bag is functional and makes a statement.  I go to the library.  I have books in my bag.  I love to read!  Whoop whoop!  It's actually a very handy thing to own as previously I carried my books in my arms like some stereotype from a high school (doesn't anyone own a rucksack!)  I guess that's no great hardship but I'm picking up more and more books and subsequently returning more and more books.  And if Mystical Roo needs books returning or replenishing then it just adds to my stock.  A library bag is a much more practical way to transport the books.  And I know I could just use a plastic bag, a rucksack, a wheelbarrow, a donkey, even a couple of swallows, but the official library bag is so much cooler.  A statement perhaps in itself a contradiction but then that depends on your perception of cool.  And to me cool is a polar bear, chilling with a penguin.  And library bags.  I've honestly had my eye on that library bag for as long as I can remember and every time I went to get my books I'd check my purse for change but find it empty.  You'd think I'd remember to raid the change pot before leaving for my trip to the library but my memory is...not the best.  I'm easily distracted.  By things like squirrels.  And recently wicker picnic baskets, which incidentally almost led to a lost Stalky moment at the markets.  Oh yeah, and I tend to go off on a tangent.  So!  Back to the original point.  The library bag.  Yesterday's trip to the library had me checking in my purse only to remember that I had indeed raided the change jar!  It was full of 20c pieces.  How excellent.  But enough 20c pieces?  I had to do the maths.  And ten minutes later I confirmed that I did indeed have enough change to purchase my very own library bag.  Excellent.  So I got my books, enquired after the book that some bad library goer has apparently stolen and then whispered - because you have to be quiet in the library - whether I could please buy a library bag.  Why, of course I could!  The librarian counted my change and not only gave me my bag but put my books in my bag for me.  Yay!  Now I feel the urge to speed read just so that I can use my bag again.  And Mystical Roo will say, but Stalky, you can use your bag for other things.  And I'll shake my head solemnly.  No, Mystical Roo.  The library bag is for library use only.  It shall only hold books.  Library specific books to be precise.  I'm so proud of my bag.  I'm happy my money has gone to the library and that I can claim to be a friend of the library.  I wonder if the library considers me a friend.  Is friendship always reciprocal?  Oh look, there's that tangent again.  Anyway, you get the gist of things.  Little Stalky loves her library bag.   

3 comments:

  1. That's a very cool bag. Now all you need is a leopard print shopping trolley with wheels for your groceries. That would be really cooooool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll need another bag in which to carry all your 'good causes' bags. Then you could have them all with you, ready for their own pre-determined usage. A Woolworths bag, a Save The Land Dwelling Shark bag, a Stalkies Against Hoovers bag, an It's Just Something In My Eye bag, etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I could start me a Stalky bag franchise

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...