Pages

15 November 2010

Little Stalky's Green Fingers


Left to Right - Thyme, Chilli Pepper, Mini Tomato,
Mini Tomato, Parsley and Rosemary

I'm very excited to be starting a mini garden on my balcony.  Mystical Roo and I are now proud owners of thyme, rosemary, a chilli pepper plant, two mini tomato plants and parsley.  So exciting!  I love the idea of being able to grow my own produce and in the absence of an actual garden at this time, I figured pots on the balcony was a cool idea.  And I've done my research, determined to try and not kill anything.  So I brought my little herb dudes home, talking to them in the car and have moved them into their new pots, which are now lined proudly on the balcony.  As per instructions from Rabby I have left the Parsley be.  Apparently it doesn't cope too well with being repotted and in protest will often die so he's staying in his original pot.  Who knew that Parsley was so dramatic!  Now I'll be waiting with excitement to see what I can actually grow.  I've been talking to my little herb dudes and offering them encouragement and love.  I even offered to sing to them but Mystical Roo politely informed me that this would not be a good idea.  Perhaps I shall hum to them instead.  So after getting green fingers I've now got my eye on a lemon tree.  We're on a budget though so that might have to wait until next pay day.  But the idea of growing my own lemons is also very exciting!  Be patient Little Stalky.  The lemon tree will come.  In the meantime I have little herb dudes to take care of.  I'll keep you posted, readers, and let you know how I get on.  Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. There is something very satisfying about picking your own herbs, either to add to a meal or just to pick, crush and savour the aroma while passing. You'll be able to pick some rosemary and thyme and throw it straight onto the barbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very excited about being able to pick from my "garden". Whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fine looking estate, and still room for a couple of horses!

    Why not try Kumquats. I believe they're easier to grow than lemons, and make a wonderful marmalade. Perhaps have both, and only one horse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must confess that I have no idea what a Kumquat is, but now I'm intrigued. I shall have to investigate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't get the horse, it will eat all your herbs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...