Pages

26 November 2010

The Pigeon Brings in Reinforcements!

You may have recently read that I'm being stalked by a pigeon called Will.  Well, now there's been a development in the situation.  Will has mates!  The pigeon has brought in backup in the form of feathered friends.  I first noticed this when Mystical Roo and I were having dinner on the balcony.  I looked across to the building opposite us and narrowed my eyes at Will who was in his normal spot, staring down into the balcony.  I remarked to Mystical Roo that the pigeon was back, eyeing up our BBQ, watching the plants, staring at Stalky.  But then I realised he wasn't alone.  There were two pigeons.  Will had obviously cloned himself in a bid to create the ultimate pigeon army.  Or built a pigeon robot in his own image; the ultimate pigeon power machine.  Or made a stuffed pigeon style effigy to give the illusion of additional pigeon activity.  Or, it might have just been another pigeon.  But I fear the explanation is not so innocent.  But worse than the second pigeon?  The robot/clone/effigy pigeon?  The black crow.  Just writing about him sends a shiver down my spine.  That black crow has had it in for me the first time we met.  He is truly a terrifying creature, possibly sent from the bowels of Hell with the sole purpose of tormenting human kind.  This black crow isn't just any black crow.  He's a huge black crow.  With feathers so black they're darker than midnight.  And a beak sharp and pointy he could go all Zorro on your ass and carve an ominous C into the curtains.  And to be honest he might not even be a crow.  He might be a raven.  But I don't have a bird book so I can't be sure.  All I know is that when he laughs the rest of the world goes silent and I get goosebumps up my arm.  He lurks on the balcony, casting an eerie shadow across the floor but when I go to confront him, he's never there.  This bird means business.  And the pigeon has brought in the big guns.  So what can this pigeon be planning?  The three of them were watching from the vantage point on top of the building opposite.  The crow was sat on the highest point in the middle of the building with a pigeon on either side.  If that building was an Olympic podium the crow would have gold, Will silver and the doppelganger bronze.  With the formation as it was I had to wonder if Will had been overthrown as leader with the crow appearing to take on the dominant position.  I gasped in shock when I realised all three of them were watching us and looked uneasily over to Mystical Roo who seemed unaware of the threat against us.  When I looked back they'd moved.  A subtle formation change but a change nonetheless.  This time Will was back on top and the crow had taken silver.  What games were they playing?  I didn't see them move.  I had to finish my meal with one eye on the birds and one on my burger.  A strange look indeed.  The next morning Will was back in his usual spot but his "friends" were nowhere to be seen.  I wondered whether they'd quarrelled, fighting amongst themselves until Will once again established his superiority.  Maybe I'd been hallucinating or confusing dreams with reality.  Or maybe it was all a ruse to put me on edge.  Maybe it's not even Will up there!  Maybe the doppelganger got out of control and has stolen Will's identity.  Will or not, the pigeon continues to watch me.  And I continue to watch my back.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you're not developing a bird phobia...

    ReplyDelete
  2. To understand the reasons for bird friendships, go to dobirdshavesex.com. This site also deals with the behaviour of bees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's out there! Right now! Watching!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...