Pages

20 November 2010

Growing Old Gracefully

I'm not going to say that I'm happy about the idea of wrinkles but I've decided that wrinkles have got to be better than the freaky "stretched" look that I keep seeing all over the television at the moment.  It's unnerving to watch women with perfectly smooth foreheads who appear to be unable to move their faces properly.  The eyebrows are a strange shape and too high, resulting in a permanently surprised expression.  It's very odd.  And one of these scary looking ladies is pushing a "wonder" foundation.  Something that covers up spots is great but the scary lady is telling us to cover our freckles too and everything that makes us slightly different from the person stood next to us.  I didn't realise freckles were a horrendous blemish that one was required to cover up lest they be labelled ugly.  I have freckles.  I like my freckles.  I don't want to cover them up.  Who is dictating that we must all have flawless skin, tight foreheads, button noses and full lips.  It's crazy.  We'll all just end up looking the same.  I might change my mind later on in life but for the time being I'm opting for growing old gracefully. 

4 comments:

  1. I quite agree. I love your freckles. However I prefer to grow old disgracefully it’s much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you for wanting to grow old gracefully :)

    I can't stand the expressionless look either on celebrities either

    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a little girl the vicar commented on my freckles. I told him they were kithes (I had a lisp as my front teeth were mithing) from the sun. He replied, "No, they're angels' kisses".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luckily I'm totally flawless from head to foot. But I do have a huge bucket of 'flaw' at home, if anyone would like some!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...