Pages

27 November 2010

David Beckham Fever

It's David Beckham fever over here in Australia at the moment.  His team will be playing in Sydney tonight and his arrival has been heralded by a mass of media coverage.  I'm not sure I've seen anything like it.  One television show was showing constant live footage at the airport just waiting for his arrival.  No one seems that fussed about the football though, it's all about David Beckham.  One person who will be particularly excited today is Mystical Roo.  As a huge football fan, David Beckham is one of his all time heroes and so Mystical Roo jumped at the chance to go and watch him play.  Even if it is for LA Galaxy.  I'm glad Mystical Roo will be able to go and enjoy a football match on Saturday night.  He confessed to me that he's not an average football fan.  He is a kind of fanatic.  So moving to Australia, football has been a sacrifice for him as the coverage here is nothing like what he was used to in England.  The opportunity to watch a live match and see his hero in action is a big thing.  So Mystical Roo will be off to Sydney with Monster Noggin, Treacle and Bob-A-Roony.  The men of the family are surely interested in the football but I think Monster Noggin might have ulterior motives for going along.  Something to do with a certain Mr Beckham in shorts I think.  I declined an invitation to join the group as I'm not too bothered about football and am more excited about spending the money on a lemon tree instead!  But as a pom living in Australia I'd like to offer a Little Stalky welcome to David Beckham.  Good luck in the game tonight.  And Mr Beckham, if you see Mystical Roo, please could you sign a shirt for him?  Thank you.   

2 comments:

  1. I think a lemon tree is far more exciting than a football! Hope M.R. has a good time at the match though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becks is OK. I just hope you don't have to suffer 'The Stick Insect' as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...