Pages

02 November 2010

Mystical Roo the Pizza God

It's probably evident that I adore Mystical Roo but he's recently taken things to a new level by becoming a self confessed God of pizza.  Oh yes.  Mystical Roo is the pizza God!  The photo with this post is of one of his best creations to date.  And the best thing?  That whole pizza was just for me.  Just for Little Stalky.  And I ate the whole thing.  Yes I did.  Oh yes, the wine was mine too.  That Mystical Roo is rather nifty in the kitchen even if he does make a mess.  I came home from work once, excited that pizza was on the cards, but had to raise my eyebrow when I saw the flour footprints on the carpet.  Just a perfectly formed, Mystical Roo sized flour footprint.  I can forgive him that.  He was making me dinner after all.  And a very good dinner at that.  It turned out that night that Mystical Roo had made far too much pizza dough after a slight yeast miscalculation.  Mystical Roo informed me that you can't waste yeast and so he just added more flour.  Or something along those lines.  So with all this dough he'd actually filled every single container we owned.  The counter top was literally covered in trays and tins filled with dough, ready for their topping.  Even the yorkie dish had been used, where Mystical Roo had decided he would make mini pizzas!  It was quite a sight.  After that there was much pizza to be stored in the freezer, which quite frankly is excellent.  I have to wonder if Mystical Roo has any Italian blood in him, what with his wondrous pizza making skills.  I've already spread the word of his pizza genius and have promised El Kenco that Mystical Roo will be on pizza making duty when she comes to visit.  My goodness just looking at that picture makes me want pizza again!  It's simply pizza perfection!  

6 comments:

  1. Both of Mystical Roo's grandfathers spent some time in Italy, one during the war and the other immediately after. I don't know if that may have had an influence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Ha. So, you're left handed. That explains a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Stalky was definitely not a south paw when she left England. Maybe it's because she's now living on the other side of the world? (Or more likely she's put the cutlery the wrong way round!)
    That pizza looks great by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, let's clear up this whole left paw, south paw debacle. I'm a right paw. And I know how to lay the table. Mystical Roo is also a right paw, but for reasons unkwown he holds his knife and fork the wrong way round and thus lays the table with the knife and fork the wrong way round. He claims to be ambidextrous but it's more likely that he's just a little bit odd.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be an Essex/Colchester thing, how right handed people can put the knife on the left utterly baffles me. But then, I am only an old country boy from Norfolk, what do I know about city life? Diddly squat, that's what I just suffer the conseqences and confusion.

    PS I don't like being Ann on a Mouse how do I become a real person so I can join in the fun on this brillianr blog...and I do mean brilliant, highlights my day it does but always struggled to be able to post. Treacle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm. As long as you're signed in as yourself you should be able to post. Maybe there's some sort of crazy blog forcefield going on that's stopping you being able to post. I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...