Pages

17 November 2010

The Pigeon

Following some heavy rain during the night, the first thing I did the next morning was check on the plants.  They all seemed happy enough, though the parsley did lose a limb.  I felt quite sad for my parsley, but honestly, he seemed happy enough.  I made sure to have a chat with each of them, asking after their needs and was about to head back inside when I noticed something from the corner of my eye.  The pigeon.  Will the pigeon, to be precise.  This pigeon may well be some sort of stalker.  I'm not sure if birds are creatures of habit, if they hang out in the same tree every night or if they like to mix things up a bit, but this pigeon is definitely a creature of habit.  He's there every single day!  Sat on the corner of the roof on the building opposite mine.  Always the same spot, always the same position.  Always watching.  The pigeon is always there.  I'm not sure when I first became aware of Will the pigeon and his roof sitting antics, but it's been a while now.  It must have been a reasonable amount of time for me to have named him Will!  He was there on the weekend, he was there yesterday and he was still there this morning.  I remember saying to Mystical Roo whilst we were having lunch, there's that pigeon again.  Mystical Roo confirmed that he too could see the pigeon so at least that confirmed I wasn't having pigeon hallucinations.  I can't understand why this pigeon does nothing more than sit and stare down into the balcony.  I considered that it might not be a pigeon at all, but an unidentified item in pigeon shape or perhaps even a pigeon inspired weather vane.  But I've seen him move.  I've seen him ruffle his feathers and clean his wings.  He's a real pigeon alright.  So what are this pigeon's motives?  Or rather, who is he working for?  We can now only assume that he is some sort of spy pigeon.  But for whom is he spying.  Is he a good spy or a bad spy.  Is he the James Bond of the pigeon world?  Or the Blofeld?  Does that pigeon have a white fluffy cat and a swivel chair?  Is this pigeon bent on world domination?  It's a possibility that cannot be ruled out.  So the pigeon continues to watch me, but I'm watching it right back.  Who knows how this situation will develop?  All I know is that when I go to check on the plants, I'll be watching my back. 

6 comments:

  1. Instead of a Peeping Tom you've got a Peeping Pigeon instead perhaps?

    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps he's working for the government. Was he carrying a screw driver? If so he could be a tool pigeon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A peeping pigeon! A tool pigeon! This pigeon can only be bad news. I'm keeping my eye on him....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is he really a pigeon? Maybe he is a Dove in disguise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It could be a land dwelling shark in a hired pigeon suit. You'd better go carefully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my God, I had not even considered a pigeon disguise! That land dwelling, roof dwelling shark could be up there using a hand puppet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...