Pages

13 November 2010

It's Getting Hot!

Oh it's getting to that time of year where things are really hotting up.  So much so that I have to do the housework very early in the morning, very late at night or not at all.  It gets to the point where it's simply too hot to be lugging the hoover around and ironing is a definite no no, unless you want to melt where you stand.  We're now at the stage where the balcony door is open right the way into the evening, the blinds are drawn and the fan is on at night.  But I'm not complaining.  I love the heat.  Little Stalky was definitely made for warmer climates than the country she was born in.  I love that I wake up to sunshine and the sound of birds singing.  I love that my washing will dry in a matter of hours!  It's all about the housework with me, isn't it.  Honestly, you'd think I didn't do anything else.  I feel very privileged to live in such a beautiful part of the world.  I can see the ocean from my balcony and enjoy a climate where I can have breakfast, lunch and dinner outside if I want to.  I'm stumbling distance from a beach that never gets crowded.  We have access to the mountains, the rain forests and rolling countryside whilst being close enough to Sydney that if we fancy a day in the city it's just an hours drive away.  What a lucky Stalky I am.

1 comment:

  1. We've had nothing but fog, rain, and drizzle here for the past few days. YUK!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...