Pages

27 February 2011

The Arrival of El Kenco and Biltong Boy

Well they've arrived.  El Kenco and Biltong Boy are now officially in Australia!  As if often the way with El Kenco - who is late for everything - she was last through customs and Mystical Roo and I had an agonising one hour wait for them to appear.  Needless to say I was almost exhausted by the end of it as much energy had been spent in excited anticipation and a meerkat impression as I tried to observe both exits.  Then there was barrier jumping, followed by hugging and crying.  All of this with a balloon attached to me and a flag in hand.  Excellent.  Mystical Roo caught all of this on camera.  As you do.  So today Australia was in fine form and decided to start the day with a bit of rain.  Well done Australia, that's exactly what the poms want to see.  More bloody rain.  But it brightened up and we were able to show them the sights and even have a dip in the sea.  Will the pigeon made an appearance, as did Steven the seagull, although Sting was absent from the harbour.  They've been officially introduced to the plants, warned about land dwelling, post box dwelling sharks and heard me slag off the neighbours and their bamboo loving ways.  All in all I think it's been a rather good first day and as I write this, everyone - including Mystical Roo - is napping.  I thought it would be a good opportunity to write up what's been going on.  And now, with a potential storm approaching, I'm going to bring in the towels!  Hurricane proof pegs or not, I don't want anything getting rained on.  

3 comments:

  1. Phew! I feel almost as exhausted as you after all that waiting. But you should have known El Kenco would be last out. Hope you have a great time together and that you get lots of sunshine. Have they put their feet on the coffee/wine table yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now all you have to do is find a way to get rid of them.... Not so easy!

    I presume Biltong Boy is, like me, an unrepentant consumer of Biltong!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...