Pages

19 February 2011

The Hangover

I had one of those nights last night, where you just have a little bit too much to drink.  I'm normally very good at knowing my limits and will switch to something softer if I feel myself going over that limit, but last night I got a bit carried away, mixed beer and wine and woke up this morning feeling rather the worse for wear.  How very disappointing.  I'm always very disappointed with myself after too much to drink.  I have horrible thoughts of how annoying I become when under the influence - more rambling than normal and highly forgetful, resulting in people, mostly Mystical Roo, hearing the same story over and over and over.  So when I woke this morning, with the cold having developed into a chesty cough, with a headache and an uneasy stomach I was very disappointed.  And not really a happy bunny.  Mystical Roo encouraged me to get up, have a shower and work through the hangover.  Have some fruit, have some breakfast, have a cup of tea.  And with Mystical Roo just back from Brisbane we decided to visit Bob-A-Roony and Duke so that Mystical Roo could meet his nephew.  This was a good idea until I started feeling sick in the car.  Oh dear.  We pulled in to the driveway and I decided I should stay put, get some air, let the nausea pass.  No one likes being sick (I don't think) but I have an absolute phobia of letting anyone see or hear me be sick.  Mainly because I'm the loudest "sicker" in the world.  And it's not very ladylike really.  So, sat in the car, feeling horrible and wondering if I should have stayed in bed.  Then, Monster Noggin and Band Man arrive to find me moping in the car, looking shaky and pale.  Very embarrassing.  Not only did they see me drunk and talking nonsense the night before, they now see me for the lightweight I am, horribly hungover in the car.  I can feel the nausea rising and encourage them to head in and see Little Pea.  Leave me to it.  Then I realise I'm going to be sick.  And without wanting to gross you out any more than I already have I will simply say that there was thankfully an empty coffee cup (paper, disposable and rather large) in the car and my aim is spectacular, as Mystical Roo kindly pointed out.  I did feel better but was by this point far too embarrassed to face everyone and confess to my hungover antics.  What kind of aunt am I, sat in a car, sullying paper coffee cups.  Anyway, then the health worker arrived and knocked on the window, asking if I was ok and looking nervous. I explained I was fine and hung my head in shame as she headed towards the door.  Good impression.  Hungover aunt in the driveway.  Excellent.  Monster Noggin brought me water, Duke disposed of the cup (she's hardcore) and Mystical Roo drove me home where I promptly curled up on the sofa vowing never to drink again and cursing myself for spoiling the day with a stupid hangover.  I'm now supping sparkling water and nibbling grapes.  Never drinking again.   

2 comments:

  1. Naughty auntie. I recommend several litres of cold tonic water; it has all the ingredients. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. El Kenco will be drinking those margaritas on her own then?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...