Pages

14 February 2011

Random Sore Throat of Doom

I currently have a random sore throat of doom and I'm not happy.  I don't handle being unwell and like to whinge and moan until someone gives me attention.  The stupid sore throat started at the end of a long day of check ins on Friday and I thought it was just a result of talking non stop.  I'd hoped a relaxing evening of fish and chips, plus beer, would have done the trick.  But oh no.  I wake up in the middle of the night on Friday with my throat red raw and my weird self wanting to swallow at every opportunity, thus highlighting the pain of the aforementioned red raw throat.  Not cool.  It's amazing how hard it is to sleep when one has a sore throat.  You can't get comfortable, you can't stop thinking about the sore throat and you dream about ice cream.  Then, just as you start to drift off to the land of nod the sodding alarm goes off and you have to get up for work.  Dag nabbit.  So Saturday was a bit of a struggle and I wondered why the sore throat had not developed into a cold as it normally does.  It was just a sore throat combined with a weird dizziness.  Still, I managed a whole day at work and then an evening out at the Tea Club.  I woke up Sunday, day off, and still the sore throat!  Sunday was pretty much spent on the sofa, feeling sorry for myself, willing cups of tea to make their way over to me.  I woke up this morning and still had a god damned sore throat, yet no sign of coughing or sneezing.  What the hell is up with this sore throat.  Is it a sign that I need to be quiet.  Listen more and not chatter incessantly at whoever will listen.  I keep checking for white lumps to make sure it's not tonsillitis but everything seems to be clear.  Today I've felt fine but have been harassed by my sore throat, which is now very dry.  So every time I try to talk for too long I either have a coughing fit or my voice goes really husky.  I had a husky voice all day.  Rather suitable for Valentine's Day I suppose but not necessarily in the office.  So now I'm sat at home, with a sore throat and a husky voice.  There's only one thing for it.  Have a glass of wine.  

4 comments:

  1. If it doesn't improve soon you'd better go and get it checked out. Hope you feel better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paracetamol. And perhaps you could try gargling with some Margaritas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gargle with a light Sauternes in the morning, a robust Merlot at lunch, and maybe a soothing Champagne before bed! Voila.

    Oh, and for the sore throat... No idea; sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...