Pages

25 February 2011

Extreme Clean

I've just completed the biggest clean in Little Stalky history and I'm totally exhausted.  I haven't stopped all day and now that I've sat down on the sofa I feel like I may never be able to get up again.  And that's not a good thing.  Can't be a sofa dweller.  Got too much going on!  Ah but the house is spotless.  It really is.  Even I'm clean!  Mystical Roo has yet to return home from work but when he does, he'll be cleaned too and then banned from touching anything or doing  anything.  He'll have to come and sit with me on the sofa too and he can also become a sofa dweller.  It's been a hot day to do an extreme spring clean but with the imminent arrival of guests, I like an excuse to give everything a good tidy.  I've been cleaning the grout in the bathroom, cleaning out cupboards and drawers, cleaning the fridge, hoovering, ironing, washing, dusting, mopping and generally making the whole place look perfect.  But it's hard work!  And I'm now looking forward to dinner and possibly a glass of wine (oh yeah - I forgot I don't drink anymore) with Mystical Roo.  I feel knackered so perhaps I'll be able to sleep tonight.  But then, I'm reallllllllllllllllllllllllly excited, so it's hard to say.  Maybe I'll be cleaning in my sleep. 

3 comments:

  1. Hope you realise that El Kenco and Biltong Boy will very quickly mess things up again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I suggest that when you go to collect your guests, that you sprinkle a small amount of dust on the corner of your 'Wine Table'. Then when you return with guests in tow, you say "Oh my goodness, how dreadful I've missed a bit". This way your guests will be forced to admire how spotless is the rest of the house, and be very careful not to be too messy during their stay!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...