Pages

03 February 2011

Random Frog

I was working late last night as we had an after hours meeting that went on into the evening.  When we'd finished at about 20.50 it was dark outside but still really hot.  We all filtered towards the door only for someone to stop and remark that there was a frog.  A frog?  Oh no.  I dislike frogs like I dislike fish.  They really really freak me out.  All slimy and hoppy and unpredictable.  Just thinking about it gives me the heebie jeebies.  Yuck.  The other girls didn't seem to mind and I was showed up for all my girly girlness highlighted by much squeaking and jumping.  Then, to my shock, one of the girls actually went to scoop up the frog and move him out of the way.  But the frog was having none of it.  He was out of there.  But did he hop off into the grass? Bounce back along the pavement? Make a break through the door?  No, he decided to hop his way up the wall.  Up the wall?  Who knew that frogs could climb!  I was shocked by this turn of events and watched in amazement as the frog climbed up the wall and positioned himself on the ledge just above the door.  Great, now I had to walk through the door with a frog ready to leap on my head.  I shudder at the thought.  It was the strangest thing.  We all stared at him, now out of reach as he chilled on the ledge.  I was out of that room so fast.  There was no way I was going to hang about with the risk of a frog landing on my head.  Totally gross!  I even decided we had to make a hasty exit to the car park lest the frog follow us and intimidate me with it's green sliminess.  Somehow I had images of the frog trying to climb me!  The thought is disturbing beyond belief.  But the frog stayed put and as I looked back before descending the stairs, he was still sat on his ledge.  Who knows, maybe he's still there this morning.  Lurking.  Waiting.  Preparing to pounce!  Run away!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you so worried about frogs? I used to be one, until Lady Magnon gave me a kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frogs are quite cute really. (Particularly bright green ones with red sucky feet). I like them when they sing. But I couldn't kiss one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...