Pages

17 February 2011

Monster Noggin Gets Peed On

We've recently had a new addition to the clan.  And I'm not talking lemon trees here (though I think I do have room on the balcony...).  This is an actual real life, little baby!  But no, Little Stalky and Mystical Roo haven't had a visit from the Stork.  The little baby in question is our nephew, courtesy of Bob-A-Roony and Duke.  Little Pea was born on Monday and yesterday, Monster Noggin and I excitedly made our way to the hospital to meet the little man.  I was still - and continue to be - a horrible little snot monster and was a bit concerned about going in with my cold but I was constantly reassured that it would be ok.  I made great use of those little bottles of antibacterial hand wash stuff.  So, armed with gifts and a box of tissues we made our way through the hospital and found Duke and Little Pea, who was soundly asleep in his cot.  He's just adorable.  And so tiny!  I got to hold Little Pea and must confess I was terrified.  He's just so small and delicate.  But he slept soundly in my arms.  There was much photo taking, with the multi functioning mobile phones and then Duke had to do a nappy change.  At this point I'd returned to my trusty tissue box whilst Monster Noggin watched over Little Pea.  Then, as Duke removed the nappy, Little Pea decided he needed to, well, pee and as is the case with little boys, a fountain ensued.  And this fountain of pee got Monster Noggin right in the face!  And what was the response from Duke and Little Stalky?  Well we laughed our heads off.  Tee hee.  We were still giggling whilst Monster Noggin reached for the wet wipes.  Tee hee.  But it was very funny.  Auntie Monster Noggin now has a story to tell if ever she feels the need to embarrass her nephew.

3 comments:

  1. That was very brave of you - to hold a real live baby! Not sure your 'nephew' will appreciate the label of Little Pea in future years. And you really can't expect me to knit booties for a lemon tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the lemon tree would really appreciate a pair of booties

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the best form of 'baptism' there is. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...