Pages

16 February 2011

The Snot has Arrived


Sympathy please, much sympathy is needed for the Little Stalky who now has an official cold.  Disgusting.  And very long winded I might add!  The sore throat from way back on Friday has now disappeared but has been replaced with snot!  And lots of it.  I'd like to quickly point out that the snot is in the nose region and not the throat.  That would be really disgusting.  I was fine at work yesterday, I came home and then WHAM, snot.  Lots of snot.  How charming I am, discussing snot at this hour.  I'm blaming the snot on the crazy night’s sleep I had last night, or rather, crazy nights lack of sleep I had last night.  With congestion it makes it hard to lay down as there is so much pressure around my eyes.  Then of course there's the snot.  Forcing me to sit up every five minutes and reach for the tissue box.  When I did manage to fall asleep I kept having weird and wonderful dreams about a fancy dress shop were everything was glowing and making Mystical Roo and Monster Noggin late for a meeting because McDonalds were taking ages to serve us our coffee!  Dag nabbit.  I awoke at around 06.00 and could take no more so decided to get up and have some breakfast.  Breakfast was swiftly followed with some decongestants, which Mystical Roo helpfully pointed out, that I should have taken a few days ago.  Bah!  The thing is, these decongestants are making me feel decisively dopey.  Dopier than normal in fact.  I'm staring at the screen, aware that my fingers are typing, but struggling to spell.  If this post doesn't make sense today - I mean more so than usual - then you know why.  The decongestants did it!  On that note, I'm going to locate my tissue box and have a cup of tea.  

3 comments:

  1. Treat yourself to an Industrial pack of Kleenex (from Woolworth's).

    If you dose yourself with the very best patent medicines, your cold will last for two weeks. If you take nothing and suffer in silence, it'll last for just 14 days.

    It's 3 am here in France. I'm on Puppy-duty!! Almost like having a cold, but without the sn*t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like you read my mind. I've just got back from Woolworths, with no less than an industrial box of kleenex. With aloe vera!

    PS I thought it was a bit early for you to be up and about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decongestant medicines always make me feel worse! I find that a hot shower or warm steamy bath (with a couple of drops of eucalyptus)is most effective. Lots of fluids and rest. Nurse Bear-z has spoken.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...