Pages

13 February 2011

Little Stalky and Co go to The Tea Club

 Last night a number of us went to The Tea Club in Nowra to watch a performance by King & Co.  Mystical Roo picked me up from work and we drove to Nowra, stopping off at the bottle shop for the ever important bottle of wine.  I had - and continue to have - a sore throat so had decided that medicinal alcohol was a must.  As Ammy pointed out, it was important for me to keep my throat lubricated.  With red wine.  Any hoo.  I'd never been to the Tea Club before and didn't know what to expect.  We paid our entry fee, were given a menu and had our hands stamped.  Then we went outside into the most gorgeous outdoor eating area.  I was literally mesmerised by how beautiful it was.  There were tables of various sizes dotted around, each with a little candle creating a soft glow.  Fairy lights hung from the trees and a random gnome sat under a lamppost.  It was like a tropical paradise hidden amongst an urban setting.  The band had a stage set up at one end of the outside area and then the tables were positioned so that the audience could enjoy the music whilst having a meal.  It was the perfect combination of good food, good wine, good company and good music.  I must say I was very taken with the lamppost and snaffled Mystical Roo's phone so that I could take some pictures.  Ignoring the random gnome - because quite frankly you just can't trust them - I kept looking at the lamppost and noting how pretty it looked, draped in moss and with decorative blossom.  The whole atmosphere had me feeling like I was on holiday.  It was great.  Once again the band put on an excellent live performance and had the crowd - myself included - up and dancing in front of the stage.  I think we all had a really good night.  Now I've got another venue to add to the "list of places to take family when they visit."  And then everyone can appreciate the lamppost! 
A very pretty lamppost.  Please note:
suspicious gnome activity below

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...