Pages

08 February 2011

LittleStalky@LittleStalky

I was pondering email addresses - as you do - whilst taking down an email address for someone who had, what I thought, was a cool email address.  I obviously won't give you the whole thing but it involved Little Wookie and that was cute.  Little Wookie, the man said slowly.  As in Star Wars? I replied.  Yes, the man confirmed sheepishly.  Cool, I replied.  The thing was, he was definitely embarrassed by his choice of email address, which seems ridiculous. When choosing your email address you must remember that you'll be giving it out to people, many people, unless of course you don't want people to email you, but then why would you have an email address?  Are you just going to send emails and never receive any?  Did you set up an email account for the benefits of it's calendar only?  Where was I...Yes, you're going to be giving out your email address so if you're embarrassed by it, it really doesn't make much sense.  You need an email address that you can be confident giving to anyone or a back up email address for various occasions.  For example, your hotguy69 email address might be fine for Internet dating - or not - but you might not want to give that email address to your employer.  Unless of course you fancy your boss and want him or her to know that you're hot.  But that's probably inappropriate when you think about it.  Or you might be confident with your email address and not give a damn.  This is fine also.  There does seem to be some logic to email addresses, particularly work ones, which incorporate just a name, whilst others are just nonsense, which have to be spelt over the phone.  Not that I can really talk.  My email address is LittleStalky and that always has to be spelt.  Little what?  I'm sorry you're a little what?  What's a Stalky?  Oh and don't forget it's a capital L and a capital S or else it won't work.  And I have multiple email addresses, but only one of them doesn't include Little and Stalky.  Tricky.  I guess you've got to have an email address for every occasion.  I'm happy to give mine out to anyone - email hussy! - without feeling embarrassed, so figure I'm covered.  Just remember, when choosing your email address, you may be judged!  

1 comment:

  1. bigstrongAdonis@somemerchantbank.com says: I don't think it makes any difference at all to people's perception of you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...