Pages

26 February 2011

Counting Down the Hours

Today's the day that we'll be heading to the airport to collect El Kenco and Biltong Boy.  Again, huge excitement!  And it's only 07.30.  Once I was up, I was up and there was no laying in bed so I got up and watered the plants and had some breakfast.  El Kenco and Biltong boy don't actually land until later on this evening so I've got a whole day to get through first.  We've got plans of doing a big food shop and washing the ute.  Things to try and fill the hours whilst I bop about with uncontrolled excitement.  I must say, I woke up this morning and felt for El Kenco and Biltong boy who would have already been on a plane for many, many hours.  I'd just woken up from a nights sleep in my bed and they're still on the plane.  It's a long flight from England to Australia.  I should know; I've done it a few times now.  I don't envy anyone making that trip.  It's redeeming factor is that you get to arrive in beautiful Australia and see the amazing Little Stalky and Mystical Roo.  Woo hoo!  We'll no doubt be ridiculously early as I can't stand to be late for anything, especially not something so important and because I like to get a good spot for watching the doors.  It's a mission.  I'll be armed with a flag and a balloon, both of which will be shoved at Mystical Roo once I spot El Kenco.  Whilst awaiting the arrival of Rabby and Bear Z I pretty much leapt the barrier to go and give them a hug.  Screw everyone else.  Screw the kids.  If you got in my way, you got trampled on.  All social etiquette goes out the window!  I imagine today will be a similar scene.  But first you've got to spot people amongst the crowds.  And with several planes landing at once you get a swarm of people filtering through not one, but two doors.  Mystical Roo says he'll watch one and I can watch the other but I can't do that.  I have to watch both.  So you then get the tennis court effect, with my head whipping from side to side like I'm watching a match.  I get this nervous excitement that pretty much sends me into a hysterical mess.  Thank God Mystical Roo is so grounded.  He'd never be a hysterical mess.  He looks after me and makes sure I don't go into total meltdown.  It's a shame it won't still be light when they arrive as the drive back from Sydney makes for an impressive one.  Still, as far as jet lag goes, this is the best flight.  Land, get home, go to bed and it sorts you out faster than if you have to try and stay awake all day.  I'm just hoping the weather behaves itself for tomorrow so that I can show Biltong Boy and El Kenco our beach, go for a swim and generally enjoy the sunshine.  So now I'm counting down the hours, buzzing with energy and wondering if it's still too early to go and jump on the bed and wake up Mystical Roo...

3 comments:

  1. Calm down you are making me dizzy. Let Mr Roo sleep he deserves it. He will need all his strength later by the sounds of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go on, jump on the bed and wake him up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was traditional to carry a placard that says 'Go Home Pommy Bast*rds'!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...