Pages

07 February 2011

Little Stalky and Mystical Roo go to the Airport

I was up at a most unsociable hour this morning to take Mystical Roo to the airport.  We had to leave the house at 04.00 so Mystical Roo was up and about by about 03.30 and I was up at 03.55.  I'm not good at that time of the morning.  Not coherent, not happy, not really with it.  I don't know how Mystical Roo does it all the time.  And I was able to come back home and dive straight back into bed, whilst Mystical Roo would have been on a plane and straight into work.  He's hardcore.  It's been a while since I've done the airport run and I remember now why I don't like driving around Sydney.  I was only on the outskirts and still I managed to become enraged by the city drivers.  They're so pushy and won't let you in if you get in the wrong lane.  Of course I'm going to be in the wrong lane.  I don't know the area, I don't know which lane I'm meant to be in until I'm in the lane I'm not meant to be in.  Let me in damnit!  It's actually a fairly straightforward route and once you get away from Sydney it's just dual carriageway through what appears to be the middle of nowhere.  What still amazes me is how fast the lorries go here.  It's unbelievable.  Their speed is not restricted like the lorries in England and when they're out on the open road they just go pedal to the metal.  It's terrifying.  I overtake more cars than I do lorries.  In fact, more lorries overtake me than what I overtake lorries.  I guess they're not holding up traffic but it seems that something as large as a lorry should really be sticking to the speed limit.  It's crazy.  When I did go to overtake a lorry this morning the damn thing decided to speed up.  The poor xtrail was doing it's best aeroplane impression (noisy beast) as it struggled to get past the lorry and it's inconsistent speed.  Then I was dazzled by headlights in the rear view mirror as some numpty sat on my bumper because I wasn't going fast enough.  That sent me into a bit of a rage.  I hate people who drive too close.  Another dangerous habit of the impatient driver or the driver who is paying so little attention they fail to notice they're practically pushing me off the road.  I pulled back in front of the lorry and was sure to give that car evils as it made it's way past.  Then, as we were coming into a 60kmh zone these hoons whipped past in a mini ute.  They were cutting people up, switching lanes and generally being a nuisance.  About ten minutes later I was pleased to see that the hoons had been stopped by the traffic patrol.  Ha!  Take that you skanky hoons.  I was back home by about 07.00 and back in bed about fifteen minutes later.  It's all go in Little Stalky world!

3 comments:

  1. London, Paris, Rome, it's all the same. It's city mentality... Glad to hear that those skanky hoons got their commeuppance. SKANKY HOONS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoon? What exactly is a hoon? I think I shall adopt it as my word of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see we need a Little Stalky dictionary. Now come on, we've seen the word "Hoon" before. It's actually an Australianism for what we might know as "boy racers" or "chav boy racers". The fact that they're skanky hoons is merely my interpretation. Skanky hoons. Any questions?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...