Pages

09 February 2011

Junk Mail Thief

As we all know, I'm a bit of a snaffler.  I snaffle post.  But with snaffling being the art form that it is, and with risks such as getting one's hand stuck in the post box, I don't snaffle just any old junk.  Oh no.  It's handwritten letters and postcards only.  The bills can stay put.  The junk mail can stay put.  Unless of course it's one of those flyers with discounted rates on pizza.  That is definitely worth a snaffle.  Of the junk mail that lands in our post box, most of it comes in a large rolled up variety that is quite obviously poking out of the letter box.  It's no challenge for a snaffler.  You'd think I'd just whip it out of there and send the junk mail straight into the recycling.  But no.  Even as it's staring at me as I walk past, I just don't feel inclined to remove it until necessary.  Actually, from a practical aspect it's rather good at protecting important mail from random attacks of sideways rain.  It acts as a barrier and keeps the good stuff dry.  So, in the absence of Mystical Roo - yes, he's in Brisbane again.  I think he might be avoiding me - and with no interest from me and my snaffling fingers, where exactly is my junk mail going?  Oh yes, there has been mysterious junk mail disappearances.  One minute it's there, the next minute...gone.  Which begs the question, who exactly steals junk mail?  Surely junk mail is a plague that most people want less of, not more of.  Is there someone out there who isn't getting junk mail?  Someone who feels left out and so steals mine instead?  Some kind of junk mail junkie who just can't get enough of the special offers and discount deals!  Now I don't want my junk mail, but it does act as an excellent rain barrier and the principal of the matter is that someone is thieving from my post box.  Someone is snaffling my mail.  I've been snaffled!  This is not good.  Why pick my mail box specifically?  Why not one of the other five?  Why have I been targeted?  Is someone watching me?  Is someone trying to out snaffle me?  Is there just some sort of confusion and one of the neighbours thinks that my mail box is actually their mail box?  The clue is in the key people.  If you don't have the key, it's not your mail box!  Actually, even if you do have the key, it's still not your mail box.  Give me back my key!  So I can see I'm either going to have to start snaffling my own junk mail, just to prove a point, or set up some kind of Stalky Snaffling Surveillance System.

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...