Pages

05 February 2011

Heat Wave

We’re set for one of the hottest days of the year today and everyone’s on high alert.  Certain areas of the state will hit around 41 degrees.  It certainly felt warm first thing this morning and it still felt warm late last night.  The temperature just doesn’t seem to drop.  As soon as the sun comes up you can feel the heat and then it just lingers in the air well after it’s gone down again.  I was putting the flags out at work yesterday at around 08.30 and I was sweating!  Very glamorous.  I water the plants and can feel the heat of the sun.  It’s officially been declared a heat wave.  As we’re all off today I can picture much splashing in the sea and swimming in the rock pool.  The benefits of living next to the ocean!  All I’ve got to do now is wake up Mystical Roo and persuade him he wants an early morning swim…

3 comments:

  1. I'm liking the photo of the infamous rock pool. Always reminds me of the time poor Rabby nearly got wiped out by that monster wave...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it ever got to 41 in England, the whole country would close down. Here in France it occasionally reaches 38ish... that's enough for anyone!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...