Pages

15 March 2011

Caterpillar Attack No. 3

I forgot to mention the other day that those bloody horned caterpillars were back for a third serving of lemon tree.  Evil horned caterpillars of doom.  This was just before we set off for our camping trip.  It was like they knew I was going to be away.  They knew that the babies were going to be unobserved.  They thought they'd be safe from my secateurs.  Oh how wrong they were.  I spotted the nasty little blighters whilst I was out with the watering can and swiftly set about removing them from the lemon tree.  My God those caterpillars can hold on tightly.  They must have really strong legs or something.  Or super glue.  I don't know.  They were attacked with a stick before being unceremoniously dumped over the side of the balcony.  Yuck.  The lemon tree was then give a thorough spray with that new stuff beginning with P.  I'm pleased to report that three days (or so) on there have been no more caterpillar sightings and the lemon tree's leaves remain unmunched.  Thank God.  Also, the aphid activity has pretty much disappeared from the chilli plant and the strawberry plant has been rescued from it's army of ants.  It seems that this stuff beginning with P really does the trick!  

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...